Tuesday, June 21, 2016

It Had to Start Somewhere. Time to Drop the Pounds

Like the title says, It needed to start somewhere. Our first trip to Florida and a fateful visit with friends is what started it for me.

I've always been a bit overweight. I gained weight after I got my drivers license at 16 years old. I started drinking beer a few years later and more weight came along. When I was 29 I quit drinking and saw an immediate weight loss, but it didnt last as I found a fascination with bagels.
Then in 2003-05 I was doing the Atkins diet and lost 56 pounds, but then life changed when I bought a house.

I'd been steadily gaining weight for the eleven years since we bought our house.
This past February 2016 we visited Florida for the first time and I became enamored with the state. This is what I looked like when I got home.

The summer before we'd gone to a park in the Poconos and here's a picture of me at that time.

Here's a picture from Florida.
So in these pictures I was running around 255 pounds. Something about being in Florida and being fat just didnt sit well with me. I didnt like, but I also didnt really have the will to do anything about it.
I knew it was time to drop the pounds, I just didnt know how. I'd failed multiple times and getting back on Atkins because I just simply love dark, rich, heavy breads...and pizza.
Tune in next time to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment